Vortex Hydrokinetics LLC offers two basic turbine types:
1. with hermetically sealed generator
2. with fully submersible annular generator (Third quarter of 2017)
and two rotor sizes:
M : Rated Power - 500 W; Maximum Power - 750 W
L : Rated Power - 5 kW; Maximum Power - 7.5 kW
- Turbines with fully submersible annular generator have been developed mainly for the ocean currents and greater depths.
- Hermetically sealed generator turbines are designed for the use directly in relatively shallow rivers, canals, as well as near the surface ocean currents and tidal streams.
L 5 kW Turbine
Rated Power Output: 5 kWh; 120 kWh per 24 hours; 43,800 kWh per year
Maximum Power Output: 7.5 kWh; 180 kWh per 24 hours; 65,700 kWh per year
M 0.5 kW Turbine
Rated Power Output: 0.5 kWh; 12 kWh per 24 hours; 4,380 kWh per year
Maximum Power Output: 0.75 kWh; 18 kWh per 24 hours; 6,570 kWh per year
The technology is commercially available and has been extensively tested by E.on group (http://www.eon.com/en.html), University of Dusseldorf (Germany), Institute of Thermomechanics, Czech Academy of Science (Prague, Czech Republic), Czech Technical University (Prague, Czech Republic).
Bladeless SETUR turbines can be successfully utilized within a wide variety of applications, including
- Low head, low volume, low flow velocity hydropower
1. Low head dams
3. Irrigation canals
4. Urban areas (pipelines and stormwater systems)
5. Industrial outflows
- Ocean currents and tidal streams